What information do we collect?
The information you give us:
- When you register
- When you purchase an item
- When you enter information on certain pages of the site or contact us by phone or email.
- Transaction details, purchase history and items in your shopping basket
- Payment methods and billing and shipping details
- Other information we may request from you in connection with promotional offers or other marketing activities.
Specifically, this may include your title, surname, first name, company name, postal address, country, telephone and/or mobile number, fax number and e-mail address.
Information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as information about the device you are using, your IP address, usage and location data.
Information we receive from other sources, for example, when someone buys a gift from you on our site or received from partners we work with to provide services to you or from advertisers about your interactions with them. This may include your name, geographic location, age, consumer habits, user-generated content (such as a blog or social media posts), your social media username or other profile information (such as number of subscribers), in each case in accordance with the law. We rely on the lawful basis for processing (e.g. consent you give to third parties) to process this information. Please refer to the privacy statements of each of the third party websites with which you interact for details of the terms of processing by those companies.
What do we do with your information?
We use the information you give us to:
- Process each order you place and to ensure that you enjoy using our services. The personal information you provide when registering or placing an order will only be used to process those orders. We will not use this data for marketing or other purposes unless you authorise us to do so
- To provide customer service and support and to respond to your requests and queries
- To notify you that it is your lucky day and that you are the winner of a competition or prize draw (or to confirm your entry to future competitions or events)
- Prevent and protect you from fraud
- Allow our experts to perform data analysis to help us improve our services and advertisements, including showing you our ads as you browse the Internet. We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our computer systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and application, and developing new products and services
- To keep you informed of our latest announcements or to send you marketing information about us or our products. If you wish to change your communication preferences or be removed from our mailing list, please contact us
We use the information we collect to:
- Administer our site and improve your browsing experience, including providing you with tailored content
- Defend our proprietary rights and protect the rights and interests of our customers and users
- As part of our efforts to ensure the security of our site.
We use the information we receive from other sources to combine with the information you give us and the information we collect about you for the purposes listed above (depending on the type of information we receive). These are companies that you have approved, such as social networking sites.
In accordance with the law, we will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was provided:
- For a request via our contact form, your data will be deleted after it has been processed.
- For an order placed on our site, we will keep your data for a period of 5 years from the date of the last order, in order to facilitate your experience of browsing our site.
- In the case of a newsletter subscription, we will retain your data indefinitely unless you request its deletion.
We periodically review this data to ensure that it is still necessary for us to retain it. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your information as necessary even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide services to you.
How do we share your information?
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and reputable service providers who help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience, including on matters such as warehousing and delivery, credit card and data processing, marketing and advertising, computer hosting and market research. To ensure the security of your transactions and to prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our fraud detection partner. We will not sell or distribute your personal data unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
Please be assured that we will only disclose your information for the specific purposes stated in 2 and that we take care to keep your data secure. These third party companies are obliged to process your personal data only in accordance with our strict instructions and where they can offer appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect it. We may also disclose your personal information as necessary to protect the security and integrity of our site in accordance with the law, in the event that we sell or transfer all or part of our business or assets to a third party, or as required or permitted by law.
Sharing information abroad
We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as fully as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to confidentiality, careful selection and monitoring of our service providers, who are required to meet high security standards with regard to the protection of your personal data, we also secure our operating environment appropriately.
In order to protect your data from unwanted access, we use data encryption. The data collected on this site travels between your computer and our server and vice versa via the Internet using a TLS 256-Bit encryption protocol (Transport Layer Security). However, we will not use encryption if you only provide us with generally accessible information. In order to secure the transmission of sensitive data, such as credit card and bank details, and to protect the data from misuse, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption of data in transit.
As a valued user of our site, you have the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you and why we process it (you can check in 2 the legal basis on which we process your information). You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, but please bear in mind that if you do so, it may affect our ability to carry out the above tasks in your interests. In addition, you have the right to request the correction of inaccurate data and the deletion of data that is inappropriate or no longer required.
If you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights, please send your request to email@example.com . Your request will be considered by our Data Protection Officer. A response to your request will be made in writing within a reasonable period of time (normally one month, but we may notify you that we need more time to process your request). We expect our procedures to deal with your requests fairly and promptly.
Our company name is Moto Vision (with the trade name: Moto Vision), SARL, registered at the RCS of Strasbourg under the number 514 667 690, and head office 1 rue des joncs 67360 Eschbach. Intra-community VAT number: FR53514667690.
Our telephone number is +33 (0)3 88092931. Our legal representative is Christophe Reichhart. The site is hosted on AWS data centres in Europe.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you no longer wish to receive marketing information from us, simply follow the "unsubscribe" link in the email we sent you or reply "stop" if we contacted you by SMS. Please bear in mind that even if you unsubscribe, we may continue to send you information relating to any account or business relationship you still have with us (for example, a request you made by email). If you wish to delete your account information, exercise any of your statutory rights, or if you have any comments, questions or complaints about our collection or use of your personal information, please send your request to email@example.com.
Law applicable to data protection
Any personal information that you may transmit to Moto Vision is subject to the provisions of the French Data Protection Act n° 78-17 of January 6, 1978, modified by the law of August 6, 2004 and the General Data Protection Regulation.